ResNet Quick Start Guide
Basic ResNet Settings
A quick guide to getting started on ResNet.
Network settings for ResNet are similar to most home cable or DSL Internet connections. Computers with Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS X usually connect to ResNet without additional setup. Things to look for:
- Use DHCP/Obtain IP Address Automatically
- Use LAN (Local Area Network), not Dial-Up
- DNS Server should be Automatically Obtained
Wireless is available in most public areas. For more information, see http://lis.luther.edu/services/wireless
- SSID (network name): LC Wireless
- Network Auth: Open
- Data Encryption: Disabled (Coming Soon)
- TCP/IP setting: Obtain an IP and DNS address automatically using DHCP.
ResNet Registration Process
ResNet Registration is available both On-Campus and Off-Campus.
Connect to the Internet with the computer that you wish to register on ResNet.
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc).
- Visit http://network.luther.edu
- Follow the instructions to download and install the Bradford Dissovable Agent (BDA) Client.
- Double-Click on the BDA icon to scan the PC.
- When the scan completes, results will display. Failed items will be listed and must be resolved before registration will complete. Follow the instructions again to retry.
- If you’ve passed all tests, reboot your computer to complete the registration.
This process will have to be done for both Wired and Wireless connections. If you are in a dorm room and connected through a hub or DSL modem, perform these steps with only one computer at a time, disconnecting the others during the registration process.